Friday, June 24, 2016

Wondering

So Mayo never said this to me … [go figure – they didn’t tell me a few other things too] … but I have to wonder if my first tumor should’ve been classified as a grade 2 astrocytoma with anaplastic features. Parts of my tumor were heading for a grade 3 when they did the biopsy; Grade 3 and anaplastic are interchangeable, from my reading. The location of my tumor also fits the description.


"Other common sites for anaplastic astrocytomas include the part of the brain that contains the thalamus and hypothalamus (diencephalon), the lower area of brain near the back of the neck that controls movement and balance (cerebellum), and the spinal cord. Tumors in the diencephalon region may cause headaches, fatigue, weakness of the arms and legs, vision problems, and hormonal imbalances."

We’re way beyond that now, but it still makes me wonder.

Fight like Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment