Saturday, June 18, 2016

One Organ Less

"'It's really strange to live, you know, just sort of maintaining your cancer,' she said. 'Without being able to have an operation, I have to just rely on [chemotherapy] until medicine hopefully catches up with cancer a little more.'" [Karen Walsh, via Huffington Post article]

She has a different cancer, but until there's something to successfully cure GBM, that's what I'm doing too.

We're likely having to extend my every 3 weeks infusion treatment an extra week this time because of surgery to remove my asshole gall bladder. We haven't heard back from my oncologist yet on that matter.

Even though it was laparoscopic surgery,  frick - I'm sore. My abdominal muscles  are so angry. I have to carefully roll on my side and use my arms to push myself up to sitting. I'm not supposed to lift over 10 lbs (full milk jug). In about 2 weeks, we'll have a post-op appointment with my surgeon.

I had way too much hospital time.

Fight like hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment