Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Damn Gall Bladder

For once, I ended up in the ER for something unrelated to my brain – not that I enjoy being there at all. The only – ONLY! – nice thing about being in the hospital is the adjustable beds. That’s it. And maybe the dilaudid.

Apparently my paternal grandmother had her gall bladder out, but I don’t know if that matters genetically. We thought at first that the gall bladder attack/stones may be related to the Avastin infusions, but my oncologist said that it would’ve taken longer to develop the stones than I’ve been on the Avastin. 

Just lucky, I guess. :-/ Also, my oncologist put the halt on them removing my gall bladder because of the bleeding risk from the Avastin. So… I still have all of my organs.

And now I’m further restricted, which pisses me off the most. I wasn’t able to eat anything even mildly spicy to begin, and now I can’t have anything that isn’t low fat. They’re just trying to take away all of my fun.

I think it’ll be a good week before I get this tape residue off and before the iv bruise goes away (Not real pleased I even had to get an IV, but it was the wrong gauge needle in my port for CT contrast].

N. is a saint for always being right by my side, through all of this bullshit. Apparently having aggressive, incurable brain cancer isn't enough.

Just another day in paradise …


Fight like Hell. 

[Yesterday vs. August 2015]

No comments:

Post a Comment