Saturday, September 5, 2015

Badgers and the Best Time of the Year

I have been waiting far too long for this day — Badger Game Day!

In a normal world, N. and I would be in Texas right now, getting ready to watch the badgers take on Alabama. It’s a good thing that we decided not to go, given the situation. We’ll just have to go to Lambeau next year for the LSU game. We have a score to settle from Houston last year — Tiger bait, my ass.  

I’ll be cheering extra loudly from our couch tonight, wearing full game day garb. Also, I have all of my phalanges crossed that sunshine has gotten over his case of the yips this year. C'mon, we need a quarterback ... 

Tonight’s game means that it’s only one week until the first home game. There’s a certain magic surrounding Camp Randall on Game Day. I get goosebumps every time the badgers run out of the tunnel to “Where the Streets Have No Name” [and I really dislike U2]. I’m extra pumped for this season, as well, since our season tickets were upgraded to row 18. It’s going to be a fantastic year.

Thankfully, I get weekends off from radiation, so I should be able to stay awake for the games ;) It’s a bummer that I’ll be getting radiated for a large part of my favorite time of the year, but at least I’ll have things that I love to distract me [and my oncologist promised to medicate correctly so that I won't be so miserable this go 'round]. 

Come to me, button up flannels and crisp weather [where I'm not such a sweaty kid]. Put all of the apple things in and around my mouth. pumpkin things — get in mah bellay. And if you ruin the pumpkin things with chocolate, I.will.cut.you. 

Ahhh, Fall. You complete me. 


Beat 'Bama. Go Badgers!

Fight like hell.


No comments:

Post a Comment